About Me

My photo
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
I have worked in the travel industry most of my working life, owning my own agency for 14 years as well as working for travel industry suppliers. I wanted to share my life, my stories, my likes and dislikes with you and hopefully get some feedback from all of you out there in blogger world. I currently live in the Midlands, I am 45 years old and have two grown up children 24yrs and 19 years.

Thursday 20 May 2010

Unite Wins High Court Appeal Over BA Strikes

Here we go again more uncertainty for passengers travelling with British Airways......

The Unite union has won an appeal against a High Court injunction that blocked a mass strike by British Airways cabin crew.


Breaking News11:27am UK, Thursday May 20, 2010


Unite Wins High Court Appeal Over BA Strikes

 The Unite union has won an appeal against a High Court injunction that blocked a mass strike by British Airways cabin crew.


If Unite's appeal is accepted the union is expected to resume planned strikes

A wave of five-day walkouts was due to start this week, but on Monday the High Court ruled in favour of BA as the airline made a last-ditch legal attempt to stop the strikes.
Today two out of three judges in the Court of Appeal in London accepted the union's challenge over the High Court junction.

Their decision means the strikes can go ahead.

Unite said BA cabin crew would not walk out before Monday.

The union originally announced four five-day stoppages from May 18-22 inclusive, then from May 24-28, May 30-June 3 and June 5-9, the last strike ending just days before the start of the football World Cup in South Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment