About Me

My photo
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
I have worked in the travel industry most of my working life, owning my own agency for 14 years as well as working for travel industry suppliers. I wanted to share my life, my stories, my likes and dislikes with you and hopefully get some feedback from all of you out there in blogger world. I currently live in the Midlands, I am 45 years old and have two grown up children 24yrs and 19 years.

Monday 17 May 2010

New Measures to help the Ash Crisis

Planes will be allowed to fly through volcanic ash under new measures announced by the Civil Aviation Authority tonight.

Lets hope that this helps keep more flights going as long as passengers are assured of safety then this will help ease some of the disruption and worry.


The announcement of a new "Time Limited Zone (TLZ)" was made after all UK airpace was reopened this evening.

The CAA said the TLZ - introduced from midday tomorrow - would allow flights for a limited time at higher ash densities than are currently allowed.

To operate in the new zone, airlines need to present the CAA with a safety case that includes the agreement of their aircraft and engine manufacturers.

The CAA said this meant that in future some areas of UK airspace that would have previously had to close would be able to remain open.
CAA chief executive Andrew Haines said: "I'm pleased that the huge efforts we're all making across aviation to keep flying safe while minimising the disruption from the volcano have resulted in further progress."

The measures follow heavy criticism of the no-fly zones by those in the airline industry

No comments:

Post a Comment