About Me

My photo
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
I have worked in the travel industry most of my working life, owning my own agency for 14 years as well as working for travel industry suppliers. I wanted to share my life, my stories, my likes and dislikes with you and hopefully get some feedback from all of you out there in blogger world. I currently live in the Midlands, I am 45 years old and have two grown up children 24yrs and 19 years.

Sunday 30 May 2010

Hurtigruten - Northern Lights Brochure for something completely different


Hurtigruten has already received alot of interest for its new 2011 Northern Lights brochure and has been made even more popular by Joanna Lumley’s Northern Lights documentary that had everyone transfixed.

Joanna’s footage is pretty spectacular – a kaleidoscope of colours enveloped the sky and reduced her to tears.
Hurtigrutens  programme features new excursions and additions to its itineraries, as well as longer trips, which Hurtigruten sales and marketing director Kathryn Beadle said had already received a “phenomenal amount of interest”.
Highlights of the brochure include new digital photography-themed voyages, which have been divided into separate beginner and intermediate dates to cater for all levels of photographers.

The line’s astronomy voyages have also been extended to take in more of the Norwegian coast. Trips departing from Bergen travelling to Kirkenes will include a stay in the Kirkenes Snow Hotel.

Ten new cruise excursions have been added to this year’s programme, including a visit to one of northern Europe’s largest saltwater aquariums to see the resident penguins and an “Aurora safari” with dinner by cable car.

No comments:

Post a Comment