About Me

My photo
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
I have worked in the travel industry most of my working life, owning my own agency for 14 years as well as working for travel industry suppliers. I wanted to share my life, my stories, my likes and dislikes with you and hopefully get some feedback from all of you out there in blogger world. I currently live in the Midlands, I am 45 years old and have two grown up children 24yrs and 19 years.

Monday 17 May 2010

BA Wins Court Battle To Block Strikes

BA Wins Court Battle To Block Strikes- This is great news for passengers who have had not only the worry of Ash but strikes as well.


The airline was facing mounting chaos because of the industrial dispute, coupled with a volcanic ash cloud that has forced flight cancellations.

But BA has now been granted an injunction against union Unite that blocks the walkouts.

Mr Justice McCombe, in London, refused the union permission to appeal - although it could renew its application to the Court of Appeal.

Unite's John Hendy QC told the judge it was possible that the Court of Appeal would consider the case on Tuesday.


After the ruling, BA said: "We are delighted for our customers that Unite's plans for extreme and unjustified strike action cannot go ahead.

"We are sorry the court judgment cannot undo the disruption already suffered by some customers who were due to travel during the early days of the union's industrial action.

"Ash disruption permitting, we will aim to restore a full flying programme at Heathrow by the weekend. We will also offer a full programme at Gatwick and London City, as planned."

No comments:

Post a Comment