About Me

My photo
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
I have worked in the travel industry most of my working life, owning my own agency for 14 years as well as working for travel industry suppliers. I wanted to share my life, my stories, my likes and dislikes with you and hopefully get some feedback from all of you out there in blogger world. I currently live in the Midlands, I am 45 years old and have two grown up children 24yrs and 19 years.

Tuesday 7 June 2011

US Security 7 hour nightmare is it really necessary

I was reading an article today on line from one of leading newspapers who were reporting that a group of OAP's had a security nightmare when entering Los Angeles.

Apparently the 2000 travellers were subjected to the full works, with  fingerprints of both hands  taken as well as retina scans and a detailed check of the passport as well as questioning as to their background.

In all this took 7 hours to complete and the 2000 travellers were made to stand for hours with no facilities whilst they were subjected to these stringent checks.

Ironically, all the passengers that were enjoying a lovely long cruise on the Arcadia all had the relevant immigration ESTA's required so there was just no need to these extra checks and of course this is not something that is the normal when British cruise lines enter US ports.

Some travellers feel that these checks had resulted due to the fact some passengers had got irate after computer systems failed so immigration decided to punish everyone with the full checks.

Whoever's fault this is, personally I feel there is no need for all of this, the US is more than happy to enjoy the extra money being spent in it's ports by our cruise passengers. We should have respect for our older members of society not treat them disrespectfully, if it wasnt for their efforts none of our lives would be as they are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment