About Me

My photo
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
I have worked in the travel industry most of my working life, owning my own agency for 14 years as well as working for travel industry suppliers. I wanted to share my life, my stories, my likes and dislikes with you and hopefully get some feedback from all of you out there in blogger world. I currently live in the Midlands, I am 45 years old and have two grown up children 24yrs and 19 years.

Tuesday 3 May 2011

Portsmouth's New Terminal - gets the thumbs up from me

Over the Easter weekend I was lucky enough to travel to France for the weekend from Portsmouth.

Normally, I have to say the facilities at the Port are not good at all, very dated buildings toilets not very pleasant and all in all a bit of a shabby affair.

However this time what a delight to see all the old  1970's buildings blocked off, unfortunately they still have the nasty toilets in operation but great to see right at the port this new terminal building.

From now on both cruise and ferry passengers will be able to enjoy fantastic facilities in modern surroundings, now they will have somewhere nice to sit, be able to get food and drink, instead of the old tatty buildings that were used before.

The new terminal opened at the begining of April and they are expecting 36 cruise departures for this year including Fred Olsens Boudicca.

Well done to Portsmouth for updating their facilities with more cruise lines deciding to sail from Portsmouth now our passengers will be able to enjoy the comforts that they have been used to at other ports.

No comments:

Post a Comment