About Me

My photo
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
I have worked in the travel industry most of my working life, owning my own agency for 14 years as well as working for travel industry suppliers. I wanted to share my life, my stories, my likes and dislikes with you and hopefully get some feedback from all of you out there in blogger world. I currently live in the Midlands, I am 45 years old and have two grown up children 24yrs and 19 years.

Tuesday 17 May 2011

Getting to UK ports how easy is it to get the information you need

Are you fed up with spending hours on the phone or trawling the world wide web when you are looking for directions or coach times or flights to get you to UK ports.

Well I know I get fed up when I want to try and find out about trains,coaches, flights or even just directions by car.

You end up sat on the internet with what seems like hundreds of browsers open flicking between them all to get the relevant information.

I have recently found a website that seems to take most of this stress away and you can look at train times, coach times, driving times and lots of other bits of information that you may or may not find useful.

I looked at an example of travelling from Birmingham to Southampton to the Mayflower cruise terminal departing at 07.00am in the morning.
It gave me the train as an option that would take 2 hours 49 minutes and that it would take me 11 minutes from the station to the terminal, a coach journey that was well lets say a very long journey and the time by car of 2 hours 53 minutes.

I could even check the costs and my emmissions if I really wanted to.

I found this site really useful so I thought that I would share it with you and hope that it will prove a useful tool when arranging your next trip.

www.tranportdirect.info

No comments:

Post a Comment