About Me

My photo
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
I have worked in the travel industry most of my working life, owning my own agency for 14 years as well as working for travel industry suppliers. I wanted to share my life, my stories, my likes and dislikes with you and hopefully get some feedback from all of you out there in blogger world. I currently live in the Midlands, I am 45 years old and have two grown up children 24yrs and 19 years.

Thursday 27 January 2011

French Collection an unusual 7 night cruise on the Balmoral

I recently booked some clients on a cruise with Fred Olsen on the Balmoral departing on the 1st August.

I thought I would bring this cruise to your attention because it is uniquely different from most 7 night cruises that depart in the summer from Southampton as normally they head down the western coast of France to Northern Spain and back oryou they travel up to Fjords.

This cruise departs from Southampton and travel to Joan of Arc's famous Rouen where she docks overnight giving you nearly 2 days to explore this interesting area of northern France. I myself lived in this area for a while 10 years ago and we spent many hours wandering through Rouen,which has quaint cobbled streets, lovely pavement cafe's and of course tributes to Joan of Arc. The area also boasts Monet's gardens as well as beautiful countryside.


Next she sets sail for St Malo, then on to the North Western town of Brest with its stunning beaches along the Brittany coastline, finally arriving in L'orient  to enjoy the interceltique festival before she returns back to Southampton.



For anyone that doesnt want to spend too many days at sea and is looking for something just a little different then this may be the cruise for you.

For further information please call me on 08004086115

No comments:

Post a Comment