About Me

My photo
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
I have worked in the travel industry most of my working life, owning my own agency for 14 years as well as working for travel industry suppliers. I wanted to share my life, my stories, my likes and dislikes with you and hopefully get some feedback from all of you out there in blogger world. I currently live in the Midlands, I am 45 years old and have two grown up children 24yrs and 19 years.

Thursday 20 January 2011

Cruising the mediterranean - Trevor Macdonalds Secret Mediterranean on ITV


This week I was lucky enough to watch Trevor Macdonalds Secret Mediterranean....what a fabulous program this is for those considering a mediterranean cruise for the first time.

Trevor went to my favorite part of the world the beautiful bay of Naples and the Amalfi Coast. Although this programme has nothing to do with cruising itself, you can see the wonderful scenery and of course get a glimpse of what you can expect to see if you find yourself on a cruise visiting Naples. He visited Naples itself, walked to the top of Mount Vesuvious, gave us glimpses of Pompeii and took a drive along the stunning winding roads of the Amalfi coastline.

Next he was in Barcelona, a place that so far I have not visited. Again he gave us glimpses of what Barcelona has to offer and an insight into Gaudi's  Sagrada Familia, I was fascinated by this building that may take decades to complete.

Finally he was off to Tangier, and although you didnt get to see alot of Tangier itself, we were able to see life beyond the cities and also where the mediterranean finishes and the Atlantic ocean begins.

For anyone who has missed seeing this series then I would recommend trying to catch it when repeats are on and tune in next week for the next installment in Trevors Mediterranean adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment