About Me

My photo
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
I have worked in the travel industry most of my working life, owning my own agency for 14 years as well as working for travel industry suppliers. I wanted to share my life, my stories, my likes and dislikes with you and hopefully get some feedback from all of you out there in blogger world. I currently live in the Midlands, I am 45 years old and have two grown up children 24yrs and 19 years.

Thursday 13 January 2011

Natural Disasters at ports of call what happens if you are due to visit?

Following the recent terrible news of floods in Australia,  and of course today the terrible devastation near Rio De Janeiro and in Sri Lanka obviously this makes some people nervous even if they are thinking of travelling many months ahead.

Our hearts go out to anyone who has lost a loved one or suffered terrible damage to their properties around the world due to these strange weather phenomenons that have happened over recent months.

When Madeira suffered so badly there were so many mixed reports, with the inhabitents being very concerned for their tourist trade and of course Rio, Sri Lanka and Australia will be worrying too.

What was very heartening when Madeira was hit so badly was that although some cruise ships decided not to dock there , there were also some that did as of course where the ships dock or where the excursions visit is not always where there has been any devastation.

For anyone visiting any areas that have suffered badly, then I would say do not panic as things can change so quickly as Madeira proved, and of course if you cannot visit somewhere it will be for your own safety.

Lets hope that these countries do not suffer anymore and that life can get back to normal as soon as possible and for those looking to travel to these countries whether by ship or by airplane that you are not too hasty in changing your plans.

Remember the tour operators and cruise lines will where possible try and get you to visit ports, and will only change things if they feel that they have to which will be for good reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment