About Me

My photo
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
I have worked in the travel industry most of my working life, owning my own agency for 14 years as well as working for travel industry suppliers. I wanted to share my life, my stories, my likes and dislikes with you and hopefully get some feedback from all of you out there in blogger world. I currently live in the Midlands, I am 45 years old and have two grown up children 24yrs and 19 years.

Friday 7 January 2011

A Busy Start to 2011

After all the doom and gloom of the past few weeks with our news packed with tales of woe, snow, flooding, birds dropping out of the sky mysteriously, threats of terrorism and worries of swine flu as well as the state of the economy, to be honest I was not sure how busy we would be in January when I returned to work after the new year.

However I am pleased to report that we are busy busy busy in fact we are busier than this time last year.

This just shows that the cruise industry is still as buoyant as ever and there are so many people who call who are booking cruises for the first time as well as those who have cruised previously.

I am so pleased that I work for a company that takes the time and trouble to ensure that cruise lines keep us up to speed with everything and they have such a rapport with the operators after 27 years in business that training is a priority and where possible we have visits to look around both old and new ships.

Those colleagues who have been in the industry for many years are always happy to share their experiences and we have many staff who have actually worked on board various cruise lines.

It is important when our clients call that we can give them honest opinions as lets face it we want them to return to us and what I am proud that I work with a lovely bunch of people of all ages who all have a wealth of experience in life and cruising/travel.

So often now when we speak to a call centre we do not always get the levels of service that we would expect, as companies do not always invest in their staff to keep a fine balance of age and experience.

We now have more staff  as our business is growing and growing and I am sure that it will continue to grow even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment