About Me

My photo
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
I have worked in the travel industry most of my working life, owning my own agency for 14 years as well as working for travel industry suppliers. I wanted to share my life, my stories, my likes and dislikes with you and hopefully get some feedback from all of you out there in blogger world. I currently live in the Midlands, I am 45 years old and have two grown up children 24yrs and 19 years.

Thursday 25 February 2010

Madeira needs everyones support

What a terrible tragedy for all on Madeira when severe weather caused so much destruction and loss of life.
Madeira is hoping a swift clean-up operation will stop it from losing holidaymakers after the island was hit by flooding and mudslides.


Severe storms last weekend resulted in the death of 42 people, including one British woman, with another 13 still reported missing.

Tour operators have been urging clients not to cancel their trips as the floods did not affect tourist areas and the airport is now operating fully.

The Atlantic island’s infrastructure is recovering with electricity and water services restored.
Mobile phone and internet connections are also operating again.
The island relies on its tourist trade so lets hope that they will recover soon and that the cruise lines will continue to visit this beautiful island

No comments:

Post a Comment