About Me

My photo
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
I have worked in the travel industry most of my working life, owning my own agency for 14 years as well as working for travel industry suppliers. I wanted to share my life, my stories, my likes and dislikes with you and hopefully get some feedback from all of you out there in blogger world. I currently live in the Midlands, I am 45 years old and have two grown up children 24yrs and 19 years.

Tuesday 13 September 2011

Tropical Storms still causing problems

With the wind battering the UK over the past few days and the problems with the US coast line the week before last I think that we are all hoping that the weather will sort itself out and everything can return to normal.

However tropical storm Maria is still disrupting some cruise lines and they are having to make decisions to change ports for the safety of their passengers.

Reports today are saying that 



Norwegian Gem is now sailing a Bahamas and Florida itinerary, instead of its originally planned Bermuda voyage. The ship will call on Port Canaveral Tuesday, private island Great Stirrup Cay on Wednesday and Nassau on Thursday. 

Carnival have altered itineraries for a handful of ships:

The Destiny, which left Miami on Saturday for a five-night sailing, will switch the order of its calls on Ochos Rios and Grand Cayman The ship will call on the latter on Monday and the former on Tuesday, the opposite of what was originally scheduled. 

Royal Caribbean also has ships in the area, but according to the Companies Web site, only one itinerary has been altered: 

Oasis of the Seas will now call on St Thomas on Tuesday, St Maarten on Wednesday and Nassau on Friday.

I know that it can be very disappointing if you have set your heart on visiting a certain place at a certain time but I am sure that we would all rather be safe than at risk, so I am behind the cruise lines all the way when they have to make these changes and I would hope that travellers would feel the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment