About Me

My photo
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
I have worked in the travel industry most of my working life, owning my own agency for 14 years as well as working for travel industry suppliers. I wanted to share my life, my stories, my likes and dislikes with you and hopefully get some feedback from all of you out there in blogger world. I currently live in the Midlands, I am 45 years old and have two grown up children 24yrs and 19 years.

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Sea Dream Captain really has passengers interests at heart



I was reading an article in a French newspaper about Sea Dream in fact it made a 3/4 page spread.

On a recent cruise that was due to make a stop at La Rochelle captain Johan Dyrnes decided that he would scrap this visit and instead travel to Royan instead.

Now the reason why he decided to do this was that he felt that the shuttle trip which takes passengers to the old harbour and town area would have just been too long for his well healed guests.

All passengers welcomed this change and enjoyed their day exploring the beach and town area of the capital of the Cote de beaute and of course form here passengers could visit Cognac and sample the hennessy brandy.

As for Royan they had a welcome boost to their town and gave them chance to showcase themselves as a potential cruise destination for other cruises.

Now Seadream whose slogan is yachting not cruising I think must really have their passengers interests at heart, as the Royan Mayor had to arrange all the security/immigration facilities required at 48 hours notice so arranging these things would not have been easy for the Captain .

But how would you feel if you were in the same situation would you welcome the change or would you be angry that you were not visiting where you thought.

I dont think I would mind at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment