About Me

My photo
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
I have worked in the travel industry most of my working life, owning my own agency for 14 years as well as working for travel industry suppliers. I wanted to share my life, my stories, my likes and dislikes with you and hopefully get some feedback from all of you out there in blogger world. I currently live in the Midlands, I am 45 years old and have two grown up children 24yrs and 19 years.

Tuesday 30 August 2011

Will a new cruise terminal at Liverpool make the Welsh see red

There have been many debates about whether or not there will be a new cruise terminal built in Liverpool.

Now it appears that the Welsh are not too happy about this..

Wales currently has six cruise ports – Cardiff, Fishguard, Holyhead, Milford Haven, Newport and Swansea and Holyhead has recently spent 9 million pounds on a terminal attracting 13 cruises to the area.

The UK Cruise Port Alliance is concerned that around 80 million pounds worth of revenue could be lost to Liverpool if the council get their way and a new terminal is built.

So of course you can understand why the Welsh are not very pleased with this when they have been spending money to improve facilities to attract cruise ships to their ports and then fear that they may end up losing out.

I think it is great that there are many more ports now able to attract cruise ships of varying sizes around the UK to just make those around Britain cruises more interesting and of course give some clients the opportunity to take a cruise where in the past it may have been difficult to travel to the nearest ports.

I am sure that this debate is going to be around for some time until decisions are made as to what when where and if something is going to happen







No comments:

Post a Comment