About Me

My photo
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
I have worked in the travel industry most of my working life, owning my own agency for 14 years as well as working for travel industry suppliers. I wanted to share my life, my stories, my likes and dislikes with you and hopefully get some feedback from all of you out there in blogger world. I currently live in the Midlands, I am 45 years old and have two grown up children 24yrs and 19 years.

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Bad Weather halts play for me



Last night over in France we endured some spectacular thunder storms and possibly for anyone on a cruise ship travelling up the North West coast of France they may have been subjected to the same as me....

At just after 5pm UK time the sky changed and distant rumblings could be heard and then it went darker and darker and I took this picture at 6.30pm UK time and bearing in mind it shouldn't be as dark as this until at least 9.30pm UK equivalent.

We were subjected to hours of booming and crashing with sheet and fork lightening all around, a spectacular display I must say in the sky with the lightening offering pink/purple streaks across the sky and a constant boom that I can only describe as what it must of sounded like for those hearing the bombing strikes in the second world war.

My apologies for anyone who was trying to get hold of me last night as such is the power of these storms all electricals including the phone line are un-plugged.

I have never been lucky enough to be on a cruise ship to witness a powerful lightening storm but I am sure that it must be extremely spectacular.

If anyone has any spectacular pics of storms taken from a cruise ship I would love to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment