About Me

My photo
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
I have worked in the travel industry most of my working life, owning my own agency for 14 years as well as working for travel industry suppliers. I wanted to share my life, my stories, my likes and dislikes with you and hopefully get some feedback from all of you out there in blogger world. I currently live in the Midlands, I am 45 years old and have two grown up children 24yrs and 19 years.

Thursday 17 February 2011

Were you one of the lucky ones to see the Northern Lights tonight

When I returned home tonight my husband to be couldnt wait to inform me that there was a possibilty that some fortunate people may catch a glimpse of the Aurora Borealis in UK skies tonight


He is so lucky to have visited Alaska many times and witnessed this spectacular event, that he has raved on about it for the ten years that we have been together.

So many people book cruises to see the sights and of course to hope to catch a glimpse of this greatest free light show on earth to Alaska or of course towards the northern tip of Europe, so I was excited to think maybe there would be chance for me here sat at home in Redditch.

I trawled through the news reports and he was right the BBC was saying it was a possibility and that this strange phenomena has been caused by a  huge flare has been unleashed by the sun, which should lead to an impressive display of the Northern Lights.

Apparently Northern Ireland was lucky enough to bear witness to this earlier this week so I am keeping my fingers crossed that maybe we may get a glimpse here. If we dont and we are just too far south then I am afraid I will have to revert back to my original plans and sort out a cruise to Alaska.

If you were lucky enough to see something in the skies tonight then please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment