About Me

My photo
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
I have worked in the travel industry most of my working life, owning my own agency for 14 years as well as working for travel industry suppliers. I wanted to share my life, my stories, my likes and dislikes with you and hopefully get some feedback from all of you out there in blogger world. I currently live in the Midlands, I am 45 years old and have two grown up children 24yrs and 19 years.

Thursday 10 February 2011

Oh No Volcano Troubles or are the press just trying to scare us

To my dread when I was surfing around the internet this afternoon I noticed an article headed volcano eruption warning sparks new travel fears.

Oh my goodness I thought after all the troubles of last year, is something happening and will it affect me and my travellers.

On further reading through the article  which at first glimpse would scare any traveller, we learn that Geologists have warned that Iceland's second biggest volcano may be about to erupt, sparking fears of a repeat of last year's travel chaos.
It hasnt erupted yet and may not erupt at all and if it does the airlines are assuring us that there will not be the same chaos that caused so much misery and upheavel last year.

I do wish that sometimes the press would be less melodramatic about these things, of course it will be a worry if this volcano does erupt, but until they really know whether it is going to or not and if it does the consequences personally I would rather not know.

No comments:

Post a Comment