About Me

My photo
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
I have worked in the travel industry most of my working life, owning my own agency for 14 years as well as working for travel industry suppliers. I wanted to share my life, my stories, my likes and dislikes with you and hopefully get some feedback from all of you out there in blogger world. I currently live in the Midlands, I am 45 years old and have two grown up children 24yrs and 19 years.

Tuesday 8 May 2012

Cruise Ship Entertainment re-cycled


I have been talking to a customer today who made some very interesting comments regarding cruise ship entertainment.

He had recently returned from a cruise and was disappointed not with the entertainment itself but with the fact that he had already seen the shows when he had cruised with the same company before.

Now what annoyed him was that if it had been during the same year and on the same ship then he could have understood that the entertainers are contracted for these perfomances all through the year and there may be no way of getting around this... BUT this was the same shows that he had seen a few years ago on the same ship.

Now with so many people who take a shine to a particular cruise ship who may want  to travel on her again the following year then I think that the cruise lines should ensure that they offer some variety to their passengers otherwise they start to feel a little hard done by or that standards are dropping and the cruise lines do not want to pay for new shows.

If part of your cruising experience is to enjoy the entertainment offered on board then you will of course
notice if the same old things are being re-cycled year after year. Personally I think that old customers should be considered as past guests do form a base for cruise lines business year on year and the more you look after them the more they will recommend you to others which is the same with most business;s.

So cruise lines please think of them otherwise they will move to pastures new.

If anyone has had a similar experience with their on board entertainment then I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment