About Me

My photo
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
I have worked in the travel industry most of my working life, owning my own agency for 14 years as well as working for travel industry suppliers. I wanted to share my life, my stories, my likes and dislikes with you and hopefully get some feedback from all of you out there in blogger world. I currently live in the Midlands, I am 45 years old and have two grown up children 24yrs and 19 years.

Monday 17 October 2011

Is Dressing up for dinner becoming a thing of the past

I have just been speaking to one of my clients who has recently returned from a cruise on the Caribbean Princess in and out of New York.

He had a wonderful cruise, however he had a few comments to make that I actually found quite surprising.

He had gone to the trouble to pack his dinner suit with him as he finds that on the formal evenings for him it is part of the cruise experience to dress up in his dickie bow and tails...

He said he was shocked that on the Captains night he only spotted about 4 gentleman who had made the effort to dress up fully and not many more on the other formal occasions. Instead of feeling special he was left feeling a bit of the odd one out... and more importantly it made him question taking his stuff on future cruises as this was a fly cruise obviously a full dinner suit takes alot of space...

Now whether this was because the cruise left from New York and the Americans do not treat the formal nights in the same way as us or whether times are changing I really dont know.

All I can say is what a shame if it is the latter because personally I think it is lovely to see the men dressing up in their full dinner attire, and it would be a shame if numbers started to dwindle..

Please let me know your experiences..

No comments:

Post a Comment