About Me

My photo
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
I have worked in the travel industry most of my working life, owning my own agency for 14 years as well as working for travel industry suppliers. I wanted to share my life, my stories, my likes and dislikes with you and hopefully get some feedback from all of you out there in blogger world. I currently live in the Midlands, I am 45 years old and have two grown up children 24yrs and 19 years.

Tuesday 11 October 2011

Freedom of The Seas takes a battering



Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas, apparently sustained some damage on Sunday off the coast of Florida.

At approximately 7:30 p.m., Freedom Of The Seas experienced extreme wind and sea conditions. The conditions were definately not what they were expecting at all..
According to a statement from Royal Caribbean, the ship experienced wind speeds more than three times what was forecast.  The combination of the wind and sea conditions caused severe ship movement.  At this time there have not been any serious injuries reported..

The ship has sustained some damage to the public areas and guest staterooms, which in no way affect the sea-worthiness of the ship the company added.

Well one thing is for sure we cannot always predict what mother nature is going to throw at us, lets hope that the passengers aboard have now got over their experience and are enjoying the rest of their cruise.



No comments:

Post a Comment