About Me

My photo
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
I have worked in the travel industry most of my working life, owning my own agency for 14 years as well as working for travel industry suppliers. I wanted to share my life, my stories, my likes and dislikes with you and hopefully get some feedback from all of you out there in blogger world. I currently live in the Midlands, I am 45 years old and have two grown up children 24yrs and 19 years.

Tuesday 12 July 2011

Llandudno's cruise ship hopes

The BBC are reporting today that Llandudno is the latest UK seaside town hoping to encourage visitors on cruise ships.

Planners are considering that if they can upgrade Llandudno pier then maybe then can attract cruise ships to dock there, therefore bringing a wealth of job opportunities to the region.

Now I am sure that the larger ships would probably not be able to dock there, but of course the likes of the smaller cruise lines like Fred Olsen and Voyages of Discovery and Cruise and Maritime would probably be able to visit this North Wales Seaside resort.

It would be lovely to see some of our seaside resort able to offer facilities to encourage cruise ships to call on their round Britain cruises and make their cruises more diverse and certainly their would be many possibilities for excursions from the town with Snowdonia nearby as well as the attractions of the town itself.

Good luck to them I say, for considering all the options to try and get visitors and jobs to the area,

Although probably a long way off before this could be reality, I will keep my fingers crossed for them that they move their project forward and cruise lines take advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment