About Me

My photo
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
I have worked in the travel industry most of my working life, owning my own agency for 14 years as well as working for travel industry suppliers. I wanted to share my life, my stories, my likes and dislikes with you and hopefully get some feedback from all of you out there in blogger world. I currently live in the Midlands, I am 45 years old and have two grown up children 24yrs and 19 years.

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Will Japan ever recover from the terrible events of last Friday

The terrible shock pictures and total devastation that we have all seen since last Friday have rocked the world not only the loss of life and destruction but also the nuclear fears.

Of course last Friday there were alot of cruise ships in and around the area affected by the Tsunami and also in areas that had been put on high alert.

I myself was on holiday in  France last Friday when the terrible news broke and I sat glued to the news and wondered if any ships had been affected by this extreme event. I felt relieved when one of the reporters mentioned that ships way out to sea would probably not be affected and that it would be ships in ports that could suffer at the hands of this Tsunami, and thankfully for the cruise industry all the cruise lines appeared to have departed and all was well.

With so many cruise lines offering cruises around the Far East either throughout our winter season or as sectors of the world cruise will this have an effect for the future.

I am sure until life gets back to normal and the threat of radiation has passed it will be some considerable time before we see cruise lines visiting Japenese shores.

Our hearts go out to the Japanese people and though life for alot may never be back to normal after what has happened lets hope that some normality can be regained around their shores so that their economy can get back to what it was and the people of Japan do not suffer anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment