About Me

My photo
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
I have worked in the travel industry most of my working life, owning my own agency for 14 years as well as working for travel industry suppliers. I wanted to share my life, my stories, my likes and dislikes with you and hopefully get some feedback from all of you out there in blogger world. I currently live in the Midlands, I am 45 years old and have two grown up children 24yrs and 19 years.

Monday 2 July 2012

Happy Anniversary P&O

Well after all the promotions and mass bookings it is here P&O are celebrating their 175 years in but a few hours time from now.

In celebration of this exciting anniversary, all seven ships of the P&O Cruises fleet will be together in their home port of Southampton on the same day, 3rd July 2012.

For the first time in the history of the company and the ships will be at seven different points in the port of Southampton together.

HRH The Princess Royal will be on hand to celebrate this historic event and I am sure there will be a huge turnout of well wishers wanting to enjoy the festivities and witness the ships together and sailing out one by one whilst a marching band plays. The ships will sail past in a procession from Southampton Water out into the Solent, accompanied by a display by the famous RAF Red Arrows aerobatic team. Out in the open water the ships will meet again, saluting one another before they sail onwards to their various exciting destinations.

It seems so long ago when these event was first launched back in April 2011 and I can remember
all the customers who were desperate to get booked on a cruise departing on this historic day.

We need good weather to make the day even better and I hope that all my customers have a fabulous
time whether they be sailing or just visiting Southampton to take part in the days events.

Happy Anniversary P&O and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment