About Me

My photo
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
I have worked in the travel industry most of my working life, owning my own agency for 14 years as well as working for travel industry suppliers. I wanted to share my life, my stories, my likes and dislikes with you and hopefully get some feedback from all of you out there in blogger world. I currently live in the Midlands, I am 45 years old and have two grown up children 24yrs and 19 years.

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Titanic - Do we really need so much TV coverage



I may be having a grumble about this but it seems whichever channel you turn on recently there
is a program advertised about the Titanic.

I myself find the story fascinating and love to hear the accounts and see the memorabilia on offer
but I am sure that the TV channels could maybe not be offering so many documentaries as they
are all saying the same and showing the same.

On discovery channel on Sunday night there must of been at least 4 hours of viewing about the Titanic, so add that to every other channel showing something about the Titanic this week and there cant
be enough viewers to go around all these different programs.

I did record the program where James Cameron went underwater to see the wreckage as I thought
this would be something a little different and a change from all the other programs on offer, however I now have to find the time to fit in watching it....

Of course the news channels are all following the voyage on the Balmoral retracing the exact voyage
that the cruise ship took and for those on board I am sure that this is a voyage of a lifetime.

Unfortunately today we learned that due to the ill health of one of the passengers they have had to make a slight detour so lets hope the passenger is OK and that they can still reach their destination at the same time now.

One thing that did impress me though was the Belfast Titanic Museum which was shown on some
news channels a short while ago and now more cruise ships are visiting Belfast this is a museum that
I would find fascinating to look around.

No comments:

Post a Comment