About Me

My photo
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
I have worked in the travel industry most of my working life, owning my own agency for 14 years as well as working for travel industry suppliers. I wanted to share my life, my stories, my likes and dislikes with you and hopefully get some feedback from all of you out there in blogger world. I currently live in the Midlands, I am 45 years old and have two grown up children 24yrs and 19 years.

Monday 6 September 2010

The Queen to launch the new Queen Elizabeth but what other ships has she launched ?


It is so fitting that the Queen will launch the new Queen Elizabeth there really couldnt of been anyone else who could of taken her place.

The Queen has been launching ships since 1947 when she was still a Princess, amazing that she has been launching ships for over 50 years.

The original Queen Elizabeth transatlantic liner was named in 1938 by the late Queen Mother, Queen Elizabeth. The present Queen, then aged 12, accompanied her mother to Clydebank in Scotland for the event. She also launched the Caronia in 1947, although at that point, she was still a Princess.


By 1967, the young Princess Elizabeth had become Queen Elizabeth II and named the QE2, also launched at the John Brown & Co Shipyard in Clydebank.

Her Majesty also named Cunard's Queen Mary 2 in 2004, although Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall performed the honours for the company's Queen Victoria in 2007.

Unfortunately I am not one of the lucky ones to be able to attend the opening ceremony, however some of our staff here will be going and what an experience that will be for them.

I have booked many clients on this new ship and I am sure that she will live up to all expectations. The cruise that I have booked the most passengers on so far is the 28th October 2011 cruise that visits Egypt, Cyprus and Greece a wonderful itinerary for 17 nights and this cruise is proving very popular with both previous Cunard guests and new Cunard guests who want to experience the delights that Cunard has to offer and also this fantastic new ship.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment