About Me

My photo
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
I have worked in the travel industry most of my working life, owning my own agency for 14 years as well as working for travel industry suppliers. I wanted to share my life, my stories, my likes and dislikes with you and hopefully get some feedback from all of you out there in blogger world. I currently live in the Midlands, I am 45 years old and have two grown up children 24yrs and 19 years.

Wednesday 4 August 2010

Solar Tsunami - Will we get to see a spectacular Light show


The sun may be about to put on a colourful light show normally only seen by those lucky enough to visit the land of the midnight or Alaska.

That's because of two minor solar storms - coronal mass ejections - that flared on Sunday and are shooting tons of plasma directly at Earth.

The event is likely to affect us today and we have to hope that tonight we have clear skies so that we may at least get a chance of seeing something that only a few people are fortunate enough to experience in a lifetime.

I will be keeping watch tonight..... lets hope that all the conditions are favourable and nature puts on a spectacular event

No comments:

Post a Comment