About Me

My photo
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
I have worked in the travel industry most of my working life, owning my own agency for 14 years as well as working for travel industry suppliers. I wanted to share my life, my stories, my likes and dislikes with you and hopefully get some feedback from all of you out there in blogger world. I currently live in the Midlands, I am 45 years old and have two grown up children 24yrs and 19 years.

Thursday 2 December 2010

P&O Aurora Xmas party cruise 2010

Hi last weekend we were fortunate to be taken onboard the P&O Aurora for our works outing to Zeebrugge.

It was great to experience another ship and for me as I had only been on the Azura I had chance to see a smaller ship in the P&O fleet.

I thought that this ship had a warm feel to it, the decor again had a warm friendly feel, not too modern and certainly not too old fashioned.



My cabin was lovely, everything that you could wish for a balcony, good sized bathroom and lucky for me a bath with shower over.
Great to have a kettle to make that early morning brew and of course UK plug sockets so no need to pack an adapter.

Simon and I went to see the show which was an Abba Tribute evening, though it wasnt a huge production, it was very entertaining and the audience thoroughly enjoyed it, all singing and dancing at the end of the show, and as there were no empty seats it definately suited the passengers on board this short cruise.

The highlight for me was a trip to Brugges, I had never had the pleasure of visiting this beautiful town before and I was not disappointed.

Lovely quaint streets, choc and lace shops everywhere and of course market stalls in the little squares.
I treated myself to a fab apple strudell and warm hot chocolate in one the of the quaint little restaurants in the square and it was absoloutely delicious.

Many thanks to our bosses for giving us the opportunity to get away and experience another ship as well as visiting Brugges, there are not many companies that would give their staff such a great treat and to anyone looking for a short cruise I would recommend a mini cruise to Zeebrugge anytime as long as you make it off the ship and enjoy Brugges.

No comments:

Post a Comment